Welcome to Sam Sang-hyun Kim's page http://cayley.kr
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University (March 2014 - )
- Past and affiliate positions, education
Address Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University, Post Code 08826, Seoul, Korea
Office Hour Mon/Wed 1-2 & 3:15-4pm, Room 27-414
Virtual Business Card Sang-hyun_Kim.vcf
Geometric group theory: right-angled Artin group, hyperbolic group, mapping class group, low-dimensional diffeomorphism group, acute triangulations.
Publications & Talks
- Selected publications
- 14. (With H. Baik and T. Koberda), Unsmoothable group actions on compact one-manifolds, accepted, Journal of European Mathematical Society. Paper Summary
- 11. (With T. Koberda) Anti-trees and right-angled Artin subgroups of braid groups, Geometry & Topology 19-6 (2015), 3289--3306. Paper Summary
- 10. (With G. Walsh) Coxeter groups, hyperbolic cubes, and acute triangulations, Journal of Topology (2016) 9 (1): 117-142.Paper Summary
- 8. (With S.-i. Oum) Hyperbolic Surface subgroups of one-ended doubles of free groups, Journal of Topology (2014) 7 (4): 927--947. Paper Summary
- 6. (With T. Koberda) Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530. Paper Summary
- http://seminar.cayley.kr Geometry and Topology seminar at SNU
- http://gtfair.cayley.kr (annual conference)
- Past seminars
Current (Fall 2016)
- Calculus 2 for biologists (freshman)
- Algebraic Topology 1 (graduate)
- Calculus 1 for biologists (freshman)
- Dynamics on Circles (graduate)
- Calculus 2 for mathematics major (Fall 2015)
- Introduction to Topology 2 (Fall 2015)
- Geometry on Infinite Groups (Fall 2014)
- Teaching history
- Calculus (unfinished)
- Introduction to Topology (unfinished)
- Class wiki Collaborative notes for discovery-oriented classes (experimental)
- Best Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prizes, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.
- Pages at this site
- On mathematical writing
- TeX notes
- http://cayley.kr/visitsnu SNU and Korea Visitor Information