- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University
- Positions and committees (2017)
- CV (2017)
- Web http://cayley.kr
- Email s.kim(aht)snu.ac.kr
- Office Hour I am on sabbatical. Email me.
- Travel (I am on sabbatical for the year of 2017) : Nov 27 - Dec 20. Japan, China.
- Teaching (current and past)
- All publications and talks
- (New preprint with Thomas Koberda) Diffeomorphism groups of critical regularity
- We prove that for each real numbers a ≥ 2, there exists a finitely generated subgroup Ga of Diffa(S1) with the property that Ga admits no injective homomorphisms into Diffb(S1) for all b > a. For a > 2, there exists another fg group Ha that embeds into Diffb(S1) for all b < a, but not into Diffa(S1). One can further require the same properties are inherited to all finite index subgroups and to the commutator groups of Ga and of Ha. The commutator groups will be simple.
- Interest Geometric group theory: right-angled Artin group, hyperbolic group, mapping class group, diffeomorphism group, acute triangulations.
- Geometry and Topology seminar at SNU
- Past seminars
- Conference organization
- GAGTA-2018, Organizing/Scientific Committee, Seoul, Korea, Jul 16 - 20, 2018
- Groups, Geometry and Dynamical Systems (ICM Satellite), Scientific Committee, Montevideo, Uruguay, July 23 - 27, 2018
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, March 3, 2017.
- Excellent Research Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prizes, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.