Positions (Sang-hyun Kim)
These are positions held by Sang-hyun Kim
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University, March 2014 - present.
- Member, Y-KAST (Young Korean Academy of Science and Technology), February 2018 - present.
- Associate Member, Korean Institute for Advanced Studies (KIAS), November 2012 - present.
- Member, Research Institute for Mathematics, Seoul National University, March 2014 - present.
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, KAIST, June 2010 - February 2014.
- Norbert Wiener Assistant Professor, Tufts University, 2010 - 2011.
- R. H. Bing Instructor, the University of Texas at Austin, 2008 - 2010.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Geometric Group Theory, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI), 2007.
- Yale University, Ph.D., 2007.
- Advisor : Professor Andrew Casson
Committees and Outreach
- Program Committee, East Asian School of Geometric Topology (2018 - )
- Scientific Committee, yGGT-2019, Bilbao, Spain (2019)
- Scientific Committee / Organizer, GAGTA-2018, Seoul, Korea (2018)
- Scientific Committee, Workshop on Groups, Geometry and Dynamical System (ICM 2018 satellite), Montevideo, Uruguay (2018)
- Organizer, IBS Undergraduate Mathematics Festival (2015)
- Organizer, East Asian Conference on Algebraic Topology 6 (EACAT-6), Daejeon, Korea (2015)
- Organizer, Geometric Topology Fair (annual, 2011 - )
- Organizer, Geometry on Groups and Spaces (ICM Satellite), Daejeon, Korea (2014)
- Steering Committee, Seoul Science High School (2018 - )
- Executive Board member, Korean Mathematical Society (2013 - 2014)
- Korean team for International Mathematical Olympiad (2013 - 2014)
- Observer - Santa Marta, Colombia, 2013. Deputy leader - Cape Town, South Africa, 2014.
- Committee Member, Korean Mathematical Olympiad (KMO) (2013 --)
- Korea College Math Competition committee, , Korean Mathematical Society, 2013 - .
- Admissions Office
College of Natural Sciences
- Honor code committee (2015 - ) : Policy establishment in order to improve academic integrity at SNU.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Calculus reform committee (2018 - )
- BK21 committee, executive (2018 - )
- Undergraduate committee (2018 - )
- Graduate committee (2015 - 2017)
- Applied math committee (2015) : Give graduate students more choices for their advisors, including engineering faculty.
- External review committee (2015) : Conduct a department review by prominent scholars from outside.
- Brain Korea 21 evaluation committee (2015)
- Hiring process reform committee (2016)