A personal page of Sang-hyun Kim.
- Professor, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
- Web http://cayley.kr
- Official page at KIAS
- Email skim(dot)math(at)gmail(dot)com
- CV (2018)
- All publications and talks
- Interest Geometric group theory: right-angled Artin group, hyperbolic group, mapping class group, diffeomorphism group, acute triangulations.
- MSC2000 20F65 Geometric group theory; 57M60 Group actions in low dimensions; 20F36 Braid groups; Artin groups; 37C85 Dynamics of group actions other than Z and R, and foliation.
- My ORCiD page
- New preprint
- Non-freeness of two-generated parabolic groups (with Thomas Koberda)
- Ancillary file of the above paper for the computer--assisted proofs
- Y-KAST Member (Young Korean Academy of Science and Technology), Feb 26, 2018 - present.
- Research Excellence Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, March 3, 2017.
- Excellent Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Teaching Excellence Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prize, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.
Current positions and conference organization
- Managing editor, Journal of Korean Mathematical Society (2019 - )
- Review Board (RB), National Research Foundation of Korea (2018 - )
- Educational committees
- Steering Committee, Seoul Science High School (2018 - )
- Korean Mathematical Olympiad (KMO) Committee (2013 - )
- Conference organization
- Program Committee, East Asian School of Geometric Topology (2018 - )
- Organizing Committee, Combinatorial and algebraic aspects of geometric structures, Chiang Mai, Thailand, July 18 - 26, 2019.
- Organizing / Scientific Committee, One-dimensional actions of 3-manifold groups, Dijon, France, November 4 - 8, 2019.
- Scientific Committee, yGGT-2019, Bilbao, Spain, June 30 - July 5, 2019.
- Article reviews