A personal page of Sang-hyun Kim.
- Professor, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS)
- Positions and committees
- Web http://cayley.kr
- Email skim(dot)math(at)gmail(dot)com
- Office Hour Email for an appointment.
- Teaching history
- All publications and talks
- New preprint
- Non-freeness of two-generated parabolic groups (with Thomas Koberda)
- Ancillary file of the above paper for the computer--assisted proofs
- Interest Geometric group theory: right-angled Artin group, hyperbolic group, mapping class group, diffeomorphism group, acute triangulations.
- Past seminars
- Upcoming conference organization
- Scientific Committee, yGGT-2019, Bilbao, Spain (July 2019)
- Organizing Committee, Combinatorial and algebraic aspects of geometric structures, Chiang Mai, Thailand (July 2019)
- Organizing Committee, One-dimensional actions of 3-manifold groups, Dijon, France (November 2019)
- Y-KAST Member (Young Korean Academy of Science and Technology), Feb 26, 2018 - present.
- Research Excellence Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, March 3, 2017.
- Excellent Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Teaching Excellence Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prize, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.