Welcome to Sam Sang-hyun Kim's page http://cayley.kr
- (With Thomas Koberda) Free products and algebraic structures of diffeomorphism groups. Link to the paper
- We prove the class of fg subgroups of Diffr(S1) is not closed under taking free products, for all 2 ≤ r ≤ infinity.
- I am on sabbatical for the year of 2017 (March - December).
- Aug 20 - Sep 15. Japan
- Sep 21 - Oct 27. US, Canada
- Nov 20 - Dec 15. Japan
- GAGTA-2018, Organizing/Scientific Committee, Seoul, Korea, Jul 16 - 20, 2018
- Groups, Geometry and Dynamical Systems (ICM Satellite), Scientific Committee, Montevideo, Uruguay, July 23 - 27, 2018
Sang-hyun Kim, Associate Professor
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University
1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Post Code 08826, Seoul, Korea
- Associate Member, Korea Institute for Advanced Studies (2013 - )
- Past and affiliate positions, education
Office Hour I am on sabbatical. Email me.
Geometric group theory: right-angled Artin group, hyperbolic group, mapping class group, diffeomorphism group, acute triangulations.
Publications & Talks
- Selected publications
- 15. (With Cheol-Hyun Cho, Hansol Hong and Siu-Cheong Lau), Lagrangian Floer potential of orbifold spheres, Advances in Mathematics Volume 306, 14 January 2017, Pages 344-426. Paper
- 14. (With H. Baik and T. Koberda), Unsmoothable group actions on compact one-manifolds, accepted, Journal of European Mathematical Society. Paper Summary
- 11. (With T. Koberda) Anti-trees and right-angled Artin subgroups of braid groups, Geometry & Topology 19-6 (2015), 3289--3306. Paper Summary
Current (Spring -- Fall 2017)
- Calculus (unfinished)
- Introduction to Topology (unfinished)
- Class wiki Collaborative notes for discovery-oriented classes (experimental)
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, March 3, 2017.
- Excellent Research Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prizes, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.