Welcome to Sam Sang-hyun Kim's page http://cayley.kr
I am on sabbatical for the year of 2017 (March - December).
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University (March 2014 - )
- Past and affiliate positions, education
Address Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University, Post Code 08826, Seoul, Korea
Office Hour I am on sabbatical. Email me.
Virtual Business Card Sang-hyun_Kim.vcf
Geometric group theory: right-angled Artin group, hyperbolic group, mapping class group, diffeomorphism group, acute triangulations.
Publications & Talks
- New preprints
- 2. (With Thomas Koberda and Yash Lodha), Chain groups of homeomorphisms of the interval and the circle (submitted version). full version
- 1. (With Thomas Koberda and Mahan Mj), Rotation spectra and exotic group actions on the circle, preprint.
- Selected publications
- 15. (With Cheol-Hyun Cho, Hansol Hong and Siu-Cheong Lau), Lagrangian Floer potential of orbifold spheres, accepted, Advances in Mathematics. Paper
- 14. (With H. Baik and T. Koberda), Unsmoothable group actions on compact one-manifolds, accepted, Journal of European Mathematical Society. Paper Summary
- 11. (With T. Koberda) Anti-trees and right-angled Artin subgroups of braid groups, Geometry & Topology 19-6 (2015), 3289--3306. Paper Summary
- Geometry and Topology seminar at SNU
- http://gtfair.cayley.kr (annual conference)
- Past seminars
- GAGTA 2018 Conference
Current (Spring -- Fall 2017)
- Calculus (unfinished)
- Introduction to Topology (unfinished)
- Class wiki Collaborative notes for discovery-oriented classes (experimental)
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, March 3, 2017.
- Excellent Research Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prizes, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.
- Pages at this site
- On mathematical writing
- TeX notes
- SNU Visitor Information SNU and Korea Visitor Information
- Math notes