Positions (Sang-hyun Kim)
These are positions held by Sang-hyun Kim
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University, March 2014 - present.
- Member, Research Institute for Mathematics, Seoul National University, March 2014 - present.
- Associate Member, Korean Institute for Advanced Studies (KIAS), 2012 - present.
- Visiting Scholar, Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM), Fall 2013.
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, KAIST, 2010 - February 2014.
- Norbert Wiener Assistant Professor, Tufts University, 2010 - 2011.
- R. H. Bing Instructor, the University of Texas at Austin, 2008 - 2010.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Geometric Group Theory, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI), 2007.
- Yale University, Ph.D., 2007.
- Advisor : Professor Andrew Casson
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, March 3, 2017.
- Excellent Research Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prizes, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.
Committees and Outreach
- Scientific Committee / Organizer, GAGTA-2018, Seoul, Korea (2018)
- Scientific Committee, Workshop on Groups, Geometry and Dynamical System (ICM 2018 satellite), Montevideo, Uruguay (2018)
- Organizer, IBS Undergraduate Mathematics Festival (2015 - )
- Organizer, East Asian Conference on Algebraic Topology 6 (EACAT-6), Daejeon, Korea (2015)
- Organizer, Geometric Topology Fair (annual, 2011 - )
- Organizer, Geometry on Groups and Spaces (ICM Satellite), Daejeon, Korea (2014)
- Board member, Korean Mathematical Society (2013 - 2014)
- Korean team for International Mathematical Olympiad (2013 - 2014)
- Observer - Santa Marta, Colombia, 2013. Deputy leader - Cape Town, South Africa, 2014.
- Committee Member, Korean Mathematical Olympiad (KMO) (2013 --)
- Admissions Office
College of Natural Sciences
- Honor code committee (2015 - ) : Policy establishment in order to improve academic integrity at SNU.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Graduate committee (2015 - )
- Applied math committee (2015) : Give graduate students more choices for their advisors, including engineering faculty.
- External review committee (2015) : Conduct a department review by prominent scholars from outside.
- Brain Korea 21 evaluation committee (2015)
- Hiring process reform committee (2016)
- Dream Lecture by Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies
- 2017 March 20, 2017 (Young-rak High School), July 15, 2017 (KFAS building).
- 2016 July 23, July 30 (KFAS building), Seoul High School, October 14.
- 2015 Kyungshin High School - May 8. Seocho High School - May 29. Seo-oon Middle School - Sep 4. Chil-won High School - Oct 16.
- 2014 Banpo High School - September 13, 2014. KFAS - December 20, 2014.
- Young Mathematicians' Camp, National Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Daejeon, February 22, 2017.
- SNU Geometry and Topology Mini-Workshop, Seoul National University, Korea, February 17, 2017.
- SNU College of Natural Sciences Public Lecture, Seoul National University, Korea, February 9, 2017.
- Saturday Public Science Lecture, Seoul National University, Oct 24, 2015.
- KFAS Dream Lecture (public lecture), KFAS, , 2016.
- Saturday Public Science Lectures, Seoul National University, March 26, 2016.