Positions (Sang-hyun Kim)
Revision as of 00:37, 10 December 2017 by Shkim
These are positions held by Sang-hyun Kim
- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University, March 2014 - present.
- Member, Research Institute for Mathematics, Seoul National University, March 2014 - present.
- Associate Member, Korean Institute for Advanced Studies (KIAS), 2012 - present.
- Visiting Scholar, Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM), Fall 2013.
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, KAIST, 2010 - February 2014.
- Norbert Wiener Assistant Professor, Tufts University, 2010 - 2011.
- R. H. Bing Instructor, the University of Texas at Austin, 2008 - 2010.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Geometric Group Theory, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI), 2007.
- Yale University, Ph.D., 2007.
- Advisor : Professor Andrew Casson
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, March 3, 2017.
- Excellent Research Paper Award, Korean Mathematical Society, April 23, 2016.
- For the work: (With Thomas Koberda), Embedability between right-angled Artin groups, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 493--530.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, September 15, 2015.
- An award first established in September 2015. Based on recommendations by students council, faculty committee and course survey.
- Creative Teaching Grand Award, KAIST, February 15, 2013.
- Sang-San Prize for Young Mathematicians, Korean Mathematical Society, October 5, 2012.
- Excellence Prizes, College Mathematics Competition, Korean Mathematical Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Silver medal, the 34th International Mathematical Olympiad, Turkey, 1993.